16 May, 2006

Kenton's Comment about Love

What really is love?

Love is a very simple word with a profound meaning. Sadly, it is often abused and confused with other emotions. Many are unable to differentiate between Love, Lust and Infatuation and some, especially younger, less-mature individuals often relate love to sex and sexual expression. While sex is the ultimate expression of love, sex, in and of itself is not necessarily love.

As a Christian, I consider the Bible to be the highest authority on love. In 1 Corinthians 13: 1- 8 the Bible speaks to this topic. (Please note I have changed some of the words to make it more easy to understand)

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and do love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And even if I am predict the future, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; charity does not vaunt itself, is not puffed up,

5 Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;

6 Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;

7 Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Jesus, whom Christians consider the Saviour of mankind, says there is no greater love than an individual giving up his/her life for a friend.

I would amend your statement “True love is the most valuable thing in the world. How much you want to pay for true love?””

I would say “love is one of the most valuable things in the world”. What exactly do you mean by “pay.” It connotes and idea of money - but one can also pay in terms of sacrifices – the opportunity cost of love.

Of all the things that money can buy, love is not one of them. And while there are many pleasures in this world, experiencing true love is one of the greatest.


Kenton X Chance
Kingstown
St Vincent and the Grenadines
(The Caribbean)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous20/5/06 16:48

    Tru love hase no price
    but if u pay there must be somenthing wrong
    michar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Happy to see you here, Michar.

    I think peopple pay any kind of things to get true love. Well, it may be not good to use the word "pay". It means what you want to give to earn your ture love? There's no right or wrong answer and each answer belongs every single person.

    So, what you want to give to earn your true love? Maybe, you would give your love to earn, I guess!

    ReplyDelete